The first fuel was loaded into FCS’ reactor over a 16-day period in 1973, five years after construction began.
Since it officially came online Sept. 1, 1973, Fort Calhoun Station has been a vital part of Omaha Public Power District’s
In 1969, Robert Stevens was a Line Department employee on patrol in west Omaha. Suddenly, he spotted a situation that could have
In 1991, an OPPD crew from the Elkhorn Center helped the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission band what was believed to be the
Nebraska is home to the first Arbor Day back in 1872, so it’s only fitting that OPPD held a robust, 25-year tree-planting
In 2008, retiree Reinhard Lindner combined passion for engineering with his love for the Navy to build impressive model ship.
The announcement of the construction of Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station.
Some people get set in their ways as they get older. Ninety-nine-year-old Abram B. Miller of Ashland, Neb., proved otherwise
The Omaha Public Power District service area grew to its current 5,000-square-mile size in January 1965 when it merged with the
Mother Nature showed her ugly side on May 6, 1975, cutting a 10-mile path of destruction. This video takes a look back.